We are looking for an Intermediate Developer who is experienced in building applications for consumers and enterprises.
Who we are
Henry Schein One provides leading online dental practice management software to thousands of dental professionals. We are shaping the future of how millions of patients interact with their dental practice. We aim to solve tough, real-world problems by continuously innovating in the product space. We are growing our team to allow us to expand the use of our products across the globe.
The way we work
We are not looking for ticket takers, we are looking for innovative problem solvers. We work with both old and new platforms and are driven by our passion to deliver creative solutions and high-quality experiences to our customers.
You value delivering high-quality solutions that solve real-world customer pains more than working on the next bright and shiny technology. But also, you are pragmatic and innovate when and where you see fit. Above all, you take full ownership of your work until it runs in production or customers’ machines.
What you’ll be doing
- Design and write readable and highly maintainable code
- Read and analyse existing code and frameworks
- Pragmatic in identifying opportunities to improve our code via refactor or redesign, encouraging the boy-scout rule: “Leave your code better than you found it”.
- Reviewing other developers’ code, facilitating interactive reviews or pair programming sessions whenever necessary
- Build, maintain, and improve a robust, fully automated CI/CD pipeline that builds and publishes the code, runs tests (unit, integration, UI, end-to-end), reports code coverage, performs static analysis, and ships the software all the way to production
- Develop tools or automation that improves and accelerates the development process. If it’s tedious, let’s automate it!
- Working closely with the product team to improve the quality and experience of existing features
What you’ll be working on
- Our leading practice management system: https://www.softwareofexcellence.com/en-gb/solutions/exact
- Designing, coding, building, testing (through automation), shipping, and maintaining our products. We advocate the “you build it, you run it” DevOps mantra.
- Developing on a framework that allows for secure and simple integrations between multiple hybrid systems (including cloud APIs to on-prem systems).
- Collaborating with product owners, engineers, and business stakeholders on growing a product that focuses on solving real-world business challenges
- Contributing to development process improvements, coding standards, and best practices.
- Consistently sharpening your skills in multiple facets of software development including design, coding, testing, cloud services, CI/CD, and modern DevOps practices.
- Responding to, troubleshooting, and debugging unexpected issues in production, participating in constructive post-mortem exercises, and implementing relevant action items
Your technical skills
- Intermediate-level software developer with 3+ years of experience
- Strong coding skills in C/C++.
- Ability to grasp highly technical concepts and apply it in projects where practical. Examples are Security, OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, multithreading/asynchronous programming, networking, IoT, reactive programming, and database performance tuning
- Practical understanding of the SOLID principles, design patterns, and data structures
- Excellent at reading and learning existing code.
- C#, .NET, .NET Framework, WPF, CI/CD, and Cloud technologies would be nice to have but are not required. We have a strong community that can help you develop these skills along the way.
Your personal attributes
- Excellent communication skills. You can explain complex technical concepts clearly. You ask engaging questions that help hash out the “why” behind technical decisions.
- Strong problem-solving skills and critical thinking.
- Enthusiasm for understanding complex systems.
- Extremely passionate about learning.
- Great sense of urgency. Comfortable in putting pressure on yourself and your team for timely results.
- Ability to connect and establish relationships with the team. Great team player and thrives in collaboration. Shares information generously.
- You can work effectively with some ambiguity, uncertainty, and evolving requirements.
- Self-organising and resourceful. You succeed with minimal supervision.
Benefits we offer
- Highly competitive salary and benefits package
- Remote working options
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunity to work in a highly creative and dynamic work environment
- You are responsible for making decisions that will affect thousands of users. You won’t be micromanaged or subject to decision by committee
- Ability to help us shape and evolve our culture
- Worldwide career progression opportunities
Apply for the job
To apply for this role, simply complete the form and upload your CV. Our team will then be in touch.